Should I take pictures of the defective product?

Yes! Take pictures or video of the product, any warnings, labels, operator instructions and the location where the injury occurred. In addition, pictures should be taken of any visible bodily injury.

Should I locate product literature?

Yes. Locate and save any product literature, including shipping instructions, operator manuals, warnings, labels, etc.

Who pays for my medical bills and income loss?

Generally, your own health insurance carrier will pay your medical bills. If you were injured in the course of your employment, your employer’s workers’ compensation carrier will pay your medical bills and income loss according to the workers’ compensation law. Your medical expenses, income loss and loss of earning capacity will be included in your product liability claim.

Do I have to talk to the other party’s insurance adjuster?

No! You should tell the adjuster that you have contacted an attorney and promptly end the conversation.

How much will you charge me to discuss my accident?


What is a defective product?

A product must be provided with every element necessary to make it safe for use, and without any condition that makes it unsafe for use. Even a perfectly made and designed product may be defective if not accompanied by proper warnings and instructions concerning its use. A supplier must give such warnings and instructions, as are required to inform the user or consumer of the possible risks of using the product, or which are created by the inherent limitations in the safety of such use.

Are Witnesses important?

Yes. Get the names, addresses and telephone numbers of any people who are familiar with the product that caused your injury, and any witnesses to your accident.

Should I call a lawyer?

Yes. Call Freeburn Law at 1-800-303-8005. The call is FREE. We will answer your questions, deal with the insurance carriers, and fight to get you the compensation that you deserve.