Bus Accident Attorneys
PA Bus Accident Lawyer, Freeburn Law
Studies show that buses are among the safest forms of transportation in the United States. However, buses are the largest single source of mass transportation in the U.S., providing twice as many passenger trips as other transit buses. Every day, nearly 500,000 school buses transport 24 million students to and from schools and school-related activities.
With that many school buses on the road every day, accidents are bound to happen, causing death and injury to school children, bus drivers, and drivers of other vehicles. Have you or someone you love been injured in a bus accident?
The bus injury attorneys at Freeburn Law have many years experience protecting the rights of those injured in bus accidents. When you or someone you love has been injured in a bus accident, call Freeburn Law, your experienced PA bus accident lawyer.
School Bus Statistics
Here are some statistics for school-bus related accidents that have occurred in Pennsylvania and nationwide in recent years:
- In Pennsylvania, more than 4,400 people were involved in 393 school bus crashes in 2012, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Three people died.
- None of those killed in a school bus crash in Pennsylvania in 2012 were children. But 297 school bus passengers were injured. Another 163 of those injured were drivers or passengers in the other vehicles that were involved in school bus crashes.
- Nationwide, since 2000 nearly 1,400 people have died in school transportation-related crashes— an average of 139 killed per year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Eight percent of those killed were occupants of school transportation vehicles, while non-occupants (pedestrians, bicyclists, etc.) accounted for 20 percent of the fatalities. Most people (72 percent) who died in school transportation-related accidents were occupants of the other vehicles involved.
- Since 2000, 130 school-age pedestrians (younger than 19) have died in school transportation-related crashes. More than two-thirds (67%) were struck by school buses, 6 percent by vehicles functioning as school buses, and 27 percent by other vehicles involved in the crashes. Nearly half of the school-age pedestrians killed in school transportation-related crashes were between 5 and 7 years’ old.
What if you or your loved one are in an accident involving a school bus? First and foremost, get all the medical treatment that you need. Then, as soon as you are able, you should protect your legal rights to make sure that you get all the compensation to which you are entitled for your injuries.
The best way to do that is to consult with an experienced bus accident lawyer in Central Pennsylvania with the law firm of Freeburn Law. Call (717) 777-7777 or (570) 777-7777 to arrange for a free evaluation of your situation or complete the contact form on this page.
The call and consultation are free. At Freeburn Law, we won’t charge a fee unless we recover money for you. You have no obligation. You have nothing to lose – unless you take on the insurance companies on your own.
Why should you contact Pennsylvania Bus Accident Lawyer at Freeburn Law?
- Freeburn Law has the experienced PA bus accident lawyers that you need to get the money you deserve.
- Freeburn Law will deal with the insurance companies so that you can concentrate on getting better.
- Call now. Evidence fades, conditions change and witnesses disappear. Freeburn Law will immediately assign a team of Pennsylvania bus accident attorneys, paralegals and an in-house investigator to your case.
- Freeburn Law has the knowledge, experience and resources to handle serious injury and death cases. We have handled numerous cases involving death, quadriplegia, paralysis, amputation, brain, neck, back, shoulder, knee, wrist, hand injuries and scars. We have recovered millions for our clients since 1982.
- Free consultation! The call is absolutely free.
- No Recovery, No Fee! You pay absolutely no fee unless we recover money for you!
- We make house calls! An attorney from Freeburn Law will come to your home or meet you in the hospital. We will also meet in the evenings or on weekends.
Freeburn Law has several offices throughout Central Pennsylvania to better serve our clients. We have offices in Harrisburg, York, Lewistown, Lancaster, Selinsgrove, Camp Hill, Huntingdon, Lebanon & Gettysburg. And, if you can’t come to us, we will come to your home, or meet you in the hospital. We are available 24/7 – evenings and/or weekends.
Freeburn LawYour PA Bus Accident Lawyer 2040 Linglestown Road, Suite 300 Harrisburg, PA 17110 Telephone Number: (717) 777-7777 or (570) 777-7777 Toll Free Number: 1-800-303-8005