Harrisburg Slip & Fall Attorneys

Freeburn Law Helping Victims of Slip and Fall Accidents since 1982! Call today at (717) 777-7777 or (570) 777-7777!

Have you been seriously injured because of a slip and fall on a commercial or residential property? Were you hurt because of a negligent property owner? If so, you may have a premises liability claim against the persons responsible for maintaining the property.

The Harrisburg Slip and Fall  Accident Lawyer team of Freeburn Law represents people who have been seriously injured or killed in accidents that occurred on someone else’s property.

The Property Owner’s Duty to Protect You

  • Premises liability refers to the duty of a property owner to protect you against a slip and fall accident, or from another type of dangerous property condition.
  • Property owners, landlords and people responsible for maintaining a property may be liable for injuries that are caused by a dangerous property condition. One common premises liability claim is a serious trip or playground accident.

Workplace Slip & Fall Accidents

Slip and fall accidents are also common in the workplace. In 2020, 18% of nonfatal work injuries that resulted in employees missing days of work were caused by slips, trips, and falls. Workers’ compensation and medical costs from on-the-job slip and fall accidents have been estimated at $167 billion a year in the United States.

What To Do Immediately After a Slip and Fall Accident

Contact an experienced Harrisburg slip and fall accident lawyer from Freeburn Law. You need to know your legal rights, and what you may be entitled to as far as financial compensation.

At Freeburn Law, we’ll listen to you. We’ll tell you if  you have a case. We won’t charge a fee unless we recover money for you.

Besides talking to an attorney from Freeburn Law, the other things you must do after a slip and fall accident include:

  • Report your accident to the property owner immediately
  • Gather the names and addresses of any witnesses
  • Take pictures of the accident scene
  • Get treatment from a doctor
  • Document all your injuries

Contact Freeburn Law for Strong Representation

At Freeburn Law, we’ll take you through the confusing maze of requirements that come with any insurance claim or dispute. Time is of the essence. The insurance company is already working to protect the interests of the property owner and to minimize your claim. You need an advocate to stand up to the insurance company on your behalf. You need Freeburn Law.

If you or a loved one has seriously injured due to a slip and fall accident, contact the Harrisburg Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer, Freeburn Law today! Call the 7’s, (717) 777-7777 or (570) 777-7777 or complete the contact form on this page.

Besides our 12 office locations, WE MAKE HOUSE CALLS. If you can’t come to us, we’ll come to you at home or in the hospital, anywhere in Pennsylvania. We will meet you in the evening or on the weekend, whenever is most convenient for you.

Slip & Fall FAQ

Should I take pictures of where I fell?

Yes! Any evidence that will help to prove the existence of the dangerous condition that caused your fall is very important. Photographs are often the best evidence. Pictures of any visible bodily injury should also be taken.

Is the clothing I was wearing important?

Yes! Set aside and save the shoes and clothing you were wearing, and anything you were carrying at the time of your fall. Don’t launder the clothing or wear the shoes again, as the condition of these items at the time of the fall may be important.

Should I wait to see if my pain goes away before seeking medical attention?

No! If you are injured, seek medical attention promptly. Your injuries must be medically documented in order for you to obtain recovery.

Who pays my medical bills?

Your own auto insurance company will pay your medical bills up to the limit of medical coverage on your auto policy. If your accident happened in the course of your employment, your employer’s workers’ compensation carrier will pay. Your private health insurance company may pay your bills after you have exhausted the limit of medical coverage under your own auto policy.

Who pays for my income loss?

If you have income loss coverage under your own auto policy, your own insurance company will pay 80% of your income loss beginning on the sixth day of loss up to the limit of income loss coverage on your policy.

If the accident happened in the course of your employment, your employer’s workers’ compensation carrier will pay 2/3 of your average weekly wage beginning on the eighth day of disability.

Do I have to talk to the other party’s insurance adjuster?

No! You should tell the adjuster that you have contacted an attorney and promptly end the conversation.

What should I tell the doctor?

Be honest and thorough in describing your injuries to your doctor. Never exaggerate or minimize your symptoms.

How much will you charge me to discuss my accident?

Zero. Our consultations are free; we work on a contingency-fee basis, which means we won’t get paid unless you recover compensation for your injuries.

Should I report my injury to the property owner?

Yes! Preferably, you should report your injury to the property owner before you even leave the property. Ask if they have an incident report form and insist upon filling it out and getting a copy before you leave. If you have already left, return immediately and report your injury. Attempt to get the names of any witnesses, if possible.

Are witnesses important?

Yes! Witnesses who can describe the dangerous condition that caused your fall, how long it had existed prior to your fall, and who saw your fall are very important. Therefore, get names, telephone numbers and addresses of witnesses.

Read Our Customer Testimonials:

“I can’t thank you enough for your continued representation and counsel, along with your steadfast resolve in bringing about a satisfactory conclusion to all of this! Without your help none of this would have come to fruition. I am comforted in knowing that I have awesome representation that will look out for me and keep [the insurance carrier] honest and in line! Again thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you’ve done over the years in assuring that this matter came to a satisfactory conclusion!” – Harrisburg, PA

“In the days that followed my accident I was in a complete state of horror. If it hadn’t been for your persistence, thoroughness, determination, and courage, I would also not be where I am now. Thank you for being in it for the long haul and for your gracefulness during the journey. I don’t think that I could ever thank you enough. You have taken the rocky road that was in front of me and gave it a real good steam rollin’.” – Harrisburg, PA

Harrisburg is the Capital of Pennsylvania, and is located on the east bank of the Susquehanna River. The city has an estimated population of 49,673 people, making it the tenth largest city in the Commonwealth. Harrisburg is a very historic city, playing parts in the American Civil war, the Industrial Rise, and more.

Harrisburg, PA Legal Resources:

Harrisburg City Codes – This site provides you with helpful information regarding your city codes and ordinances.

Dauphin County- Find resources throughout Dauphin County such as county office locations, public officials, voters registration, and more.

Dauphin County Bar Association- The Dauphin County Bar Association is a professional organization with more than 1500 attorneys, The Bar Association promotes the administration of justice and continuing legal education.