Train Accident Injury Lawyer
PA Train Accident Injury Attorneys in Central PA
Approximately every 3 hours a person or vehicle is struck by a train in the United States. The size and speed of trains are what make these accidents catastrophic. In 2016 Pennsylvania ranked number 4 among the top 10 states with the most train accidents with 267 accidents.
From the deadly Amtrak 188 accident that derailed killing 8 people and injuring over 200 to the PA teen who was struck and killed by a freight train when jogging on the tracks with headphones. Accidents like these happen far too often throughout Pennsylvania and are some of the most fatal accidents. The Central Pennsylvania train accident injury lawyers at Freeburn Law can help you recover the compensation you deserve. We have the experience you need to assist with your personal injury case throughout Pennsylvania.
Some of the most common causes of train accidents include:
- Negligence – this includes failure to signal and provide adequate warning or a faulty operation of a crossing arm. This is in part due to the railway employees, government agency or equipment manufacturers.
- Mechanical Failure – this can result in the train derailing or a collision.
- Conductor Error – this can be a result of inexperience, poor judgment or fatigue, all of these factors have contributed to preventable disasters on the tracks.
- High Speeds – the faster a train is moving the more severe the consequences are during an accident. Derailments are more likely to occur if the train is traveling at accelerated speeds.
- Obstruction on Tracks – sometimes foreign objects are left inadvertently in a trains path this can include a vehicle or equipment. If the conductor does not notice these objects and is traveling at accelerated speeds these objects may become unavoidable.
Injuries suffered during a train accident can be life altering and severe. If you or a loved one have been injured in a train accident in Central Pennsylvania call Freeburn Law today at 717-777-7777 to speak with an experienced Train Accident attorney for Free.
Freeburn Law has several offices throughout Central Pennsylvania to better serve our clients. We have offices in Harrisburg, York, Lewistown, Lancaster, Selinsgrove, Camp Hill, Huntingdon, Lebanon & Gettysburg. And, if you can’t come to us, we will come to your home, or meet you in the hospital. We are available 24/7 – evenings and/or weekends.
Your PA ATV Accident Attorneys
2040 Linglestown Road, Suite 300, Harrisburg, PA 17110
Telephone Number: (717) 777-7777 or (570) 777-7777
Toll Free Number: 1-800-303-8005