Drunk Driving Injury Lawyers
Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys in Central PA
In the state of Pennsylvania drinking and driving is a top safety issue taking thousands of lives each year due to this selfish act.
In the United States approximately 10,265 people died in 2015 due to alcohol-impaired crashes; every 51 minutes a life was taken. Those who choose to drive intoxicated are not only putting their life at risk, but all motorist lives at risk.
These tragic accidents are preventable, with the help of law enforcement and new car services like Uber and Lyft available we can eliminate drunk driving accidents. The Central PA drunk driving accident attorneys at Freeburn Law have seen the consequences of those who chose to drive under the influence, and we fight hard to bring justice to the families affected.
In September 2003, Act 24 lowered Pennsylvania’s legal limit of alcohol to .08% creating a new approach toward DUI enforcement and treatment throughout the state. Some general impairment penalties include:
- Ungraded misdemeanor
- Up to 6 months’ probation
- $300 fine
- alcohol highway safety school
If you have prior DUI offense’s the penalties are more severe leading to jail time.
Below are some strategies used to help reduce/prevent drunk driving:
- Sobriety Checkpoints – in PA sobriety checkpoints are allowed. These allow police to stop vehicles at a specific, highly visible location to see if the driver is impaired and above the legal limit. Police are allowed to stop all cars or certain portions and are allowed to give a breath test to drivers they suspect have been drinking.
- Ignition Interlocks – these are installed in cars of those who have been convicted of drunk driving in order to measure alcohol on driver’s breath – keeping cars from starting if the driver is above a certain level.
- Mass Media Campaigns – this is a great way to raise awareness of the dangers of drunk driving. Organizations like MADD implement these campaigns throughout each state to raise awareness.
When you chose to get behind the wheel of any motor vehicle intoxicated you are responsible for driving sober. Make the right choice and drive sober.
If you have been injured due to a drunk driver, call Freeburn Law today at 717- 777-7777 to learn more about how we can help you.
Freeburn Law has several offices throughout Central Pennsylvania to better serve our clients. We have offices in Harrisburg, York, Lewistown, Lancaster, Selinsgrove, Camp Hill, Huntingdon, Lebanon & Gettysburg. And, if you can’t come to us, we will come to your home, or meet you in the hospital. We are available 24/7 – evenings and/or weekends.
Your PA ATV Accident Attorneys
3901 North Front Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Telephone Number: (717) 777-7777 or (570) 777-7777
Toll Free Number: 1-800-303-8005