Accident Prone Streets in the Keystone State
Thousands of car accidents occur every year in Pennsylvania. Unfortunately, some roads and intersections are more prone to deadly crashes than others, making them dangerous for all motorists. If you are involved in an accident on one of these highways or streets, you need to speak with an attorney as soon as possible.
At Freeburn Law, we represent individuals who have been severely injured in car accidents throughout Central Pennsylvania. Our experienced legal team has been helping secure compensation for injury victims for over 40 years. Let us help you get the maximum recovery for your case. Were you injured in a car crash? Contact our office at 717-777-7777 to schedule a free consultation.
What Are Pennsylvania’s Most Dangerous Roads?
While the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation notes that there was a decrease in the number of statewide traffic deaths last year, the number is still startling. As reported by ABC 27, there were 1,179 car accident fatalities in 2022, down from 1,230 the previous year. Several factors may contribute to these deaths, including congestion, poor road design, motorist negligence, and inclement weather.
The following roads had a large number of accidents with serious injuries or deaths:
- Interstate 83 – PA Home Page ranks Interstate 83 as one of the five most dangerous highways in the state. According to their research, the interstate which connects Harrisburg to Baltimore is routinely under construction and is heavily congested in some areas.
- US 1 Roosevelt Blvd – Money Geek listed US 1 as the deadliest road in the state, with 22 fatal accidents happening from 2017 to 2019 from W. Wyoming Ave. to Hartel Ave. 24 people were killed in those accidents.
- Interstate 80 – Interstate 80 cuts across the state from East to West. As noted by PA Home Page, it is a neglected highway with treacherous potholes throughout the roadway. There can be limited visibility and poor weather conditions, making it susceptible to accidents.
- Interstate 81 – The road cutting across the state carries tens of thousands of drivers. It is highly congested in some areas, making it exceptionally dangerous for motorists.
- Delaware Expressway (1-95) – Interstate 95, particularly from Dock St. to Exit 17, has a high number of crashes each year. It ranked as the 2nd most dangerous, according to Money Geek, due to the eight fatal crashes it saw over a two-year period. This equates to a crash every 2.1 miles.
If you are involved in a car accident, you need to speak to an attorney as soon as possible. Without the help of a lawyer, you may not get the maximum insurance recovery you deserve.
Injured in a Car Crash? Contact Our Office.
Were you injured in a car crash in Central Pennsylvania? Contact our office at 717-777-7777 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation. Our lawyers are ready to fight for you and your family. Do not put your trust in the insurance company; they may try to get you to settle your case for less. Call our office now to find out just how much your claim is worth.