Super Bowl Sunday is almost here and football fans across the nation will be joining one another to watch the Philadelphia Eagles take on the New England Patriots. Last year, approximately 111.3 million Americans tuned-in to watch the Super bowl and the viewership for this year’s Super Bowl is expected to be nearly just as high.
Many people will travel to friend’s and family’s homes to watch the game, or some will go to a local bar to enjoy the game. The number of cars on the road before and after the game will be significantly high.
In addition to being the most watched television program of the year, it is also one of the most popular drinking days of the year. It is estimated that Americans will consume 325 million gallons of beer on Super Bowl Sunday. This combined with the increased amount of vehicles on the road could lead to disaster, especially if people get behind the wheel while intoxicated.
Please do what you can to help prevent drunk driving accidents. Remember, buzzed driving is drunk driving. Therefore, it is advisable to never get behind the wheel after consuming any amount of alcohol.
Follow these safety tips given by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on Super Bowl Sunday:
- Have a Designated Driver– Make sure to designate a sober designated driver before consuming alcohol to ensure you get home safely.
- Use Car Services– If you don’t already have the Uber or Lyft app, be sure to download one or both of them on your smartphone. If you do not have a smartphone, call a cab service. Don’t risk your life or the lives of others. Use a car service to make sure you and your friends get home safely.
- Use Public Transportation– Look into taking the train, bus or subway to get to and from your destination.
- Pace Yourself– In between drinking alcohol, make sure to alternate and drink water, and make sure to eat to help absorb the alcohol.
- Call a Friend or Family Member– If you need a ride, call a friend or family member that is sober to pick you up
- Report Drunk Drivers – If you see someone swerving or speeding on the road, immediately call 911.
- Stay where you are– If you have consumed alcohol and do not have any safe means of getting home, stay put. Sleep it off and leave when you are sober in the morning. If you are hosting a party, make sure no one drives home drunk.
Freeburn Law hopes everyone enjoys Super Bowl Sunday by acting responsibly and staying safe. Be sure to follow these safety tips and have a plan in place of how you will get to and from your destination. Don’t make the reckless decision of driving drunk, it could cost you your life or the lives of others.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident due to a drunk driver, contact the experienced Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys at Freeburn Law for help at 717-777-7777 or 570-777-7777. When you call, you’ll speak with one of our leading Central PA Car Accident Lawyers for FREE.
Freeburn Law will fight hard to seek the justice and the compensation you deserve. Just call the 7’s for help at 717-777-7777 or 570-777-7777. There is no attorney’s fee due up front, and we only get paid after you do.
Freeburn Law, Just Call The 7’s – Because the Right Law Firm Makes A Real Difference.