Holiday Safety Tip Reminders
It is Christmas Eve, so most likely you are long done with putting up your holiday decorations. You are waiting for your guests to arrive for the holiday. You are running around preparing or traveling, excited for the relaxing holiday to officially start. But before you relax, take a minute to ensure that you followed these holiday safety tips:
1) Some holiday plants can be poisonous or cause stomach problems. Keep plants such as mistletoe, Jerusalem cherry, and holiday berries out of children’s reach.
2) Make sure your tree is away from heat sources such as fireplaces and radiators. Make sure it is not blocking an exit. If it is real, make sure to keep it watered so it doesn’t dry too fast. If it is artificial, make sure it’s fire resistant.
3) Place ornaments with small, detachable parts higher up on the tree, out of reach for children and pets.
4) Indoor and outdoor lights are labeled for a reason. Make sure you are using them properly and that the outlets you are using are working properly and safe.
5) When preparing food with/for your guests, do not defrost food at room temperature. Make sure your knives are sharpened. Use paper towels, not dishrags, to clean your counters.
For more tips, check out the National Safety Council’s Holiday Safety Tip Sheet. If you or a loved one is injured in an accident in someone’s home, contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Freeburn Law. We have 12 convenient locations and will come to you if you are unable to come to us. Call the 7’s today, 717-777-7777, or fill out the quick contact form on this page to get a FREE consultation about your case. We do not collect money unless we take your case and win money for you.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!