Recently, a driver in Adams County was taking a “selfie” behind the wheel before his vehicle crossed the road and went airborne, landing on a concrete slab. His vehicle came to a halt after running over a sign for a local Animal Wellness Clinic.
The driver was taken to the hospital where he was reported as having moderate injuries from the crash. Fortunately, no one else was injured in this accident.
To read the full article, click here.
Distracted driving of any form puts not only the driver at risk, but also the innocent lives around them at risk. While there was fortunately no one else injured in this accident that is not always the case.
At Freeburn Law, we have seen the horrific effects of distracted driving and we want everyone who gets behind the wheel to minimize all distractions. In order to do so, we would like to offer some tips that everyone can use when getting behind the wheel to prevent distracted driving:
- Pull over – If something is a high priority and demands your immediate attention, pull over in a safe place to use your mobile device.
- Put away all distractions – Before hitting the road, put cell phones or anything else that will require you to take your eyes off the road in a secure place to avoid temptation.
- Eat before driving – Eating while driving is one of the most common forms of distracted driving and increases your likelihood of getting in an accident.
- Don’t Drink & Drive – It’s very simple. Just do not drink and drive. Drunk driving is one of the worst forms of distracted driving, and cause thousands of unnecessary car accidents each year.
- Focus on driving – No matter what is on your mind or who else is in your car, focus 100% on the task of driving. Keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road at all times while operating any type of motor vehicle.
There is no distraction that is worth the risk of losing your life or the life of another on the road. Do not drive distracted, it’s that simple.
If you or a loved one is injured in an accident due to a distracted driver, call the experienced Car Accident Lawyers at Freeburn Law right away at 717-777-7777. When you call, you will speak with one of our Pennsylvania Car Accident Lawyers absolutely FREE. We will review every detail of your car accident at no cost to you, and fight hard to seek the maximum compensation that you may deserve.
At Freeburn Law, Harrisburg injury lawyers, you will never pay an attorney’s fee up front and you owe us nothing until we recover for you.
Freeburn Law, Just Call The 7’s – Because The Right Law Firm Makes A Real Difference.