More than 500,000 Diono child car seats have been recalled, stemming from a company test that showed they may not protect your child in a car crash.
This recall includes the Radian R100, Radian R120, Radian RXT, Olympia, Pacifica and the Rainier convertible and booster seats. These car seats were made from January 2014 to September 2017 by Diono, which was previously known as Sunshine Kids Juvenile.
The recall states that when the child car seats are locked in using the lap belt without the top tether, the risk for children over the weight of 65 pounds is greater of suffering from a chest injury in a car accident.
Based in Sumner, Washington, Diona will send owners a kit with a new chest clip and an energy-absorbing pad at no cost. Thankfully, no injuries have been reported at this time.
The recall is expected to start November 22nd.
Below are some safety tips for properly securing your child in a car seat:
- The backseat is the safest place for your child – in a rear-facing car seat.
- Make sure you don’t move your child to the next car seat stage too early or you could be putting your child in danger.
- Both age and weight requirements should be considered before moving onto a booster seat.
- Get your child’s car seat inspected by a certified car seat safety technician.
- Make sure the car seat buckle is in the right place. Remove your child’s bulky clothes to ensure that he/she is strapped in safely and completely. The straps should not be loose.
- Always make sure the chest clip is level with your child’s armpits.
- Pull on the car seat buckle to ensure it is probably buckled.
- Never sacrifice your child’s safety for comfort.
If your child is injured because of a defective product, call Freeburn Law for help at 717-777-7777. When you call, one of our Experienced Pennsylvania Product Liability Attorneys will speak with you absolutely FREE.
Attempting to recover damages from the incident can be stressful and time-consuming and you need someone in your corner that knows how to fight for your rights every step of the way.
The experienced and caring Product Liability Attorneys at Freeburn Law will fight to seek the justice you deserve. Just call the 7’s for help at 717-777-7777. There is no attorney’s fee due up front, and we only get paid after you do.
Freeburn Law, Just Call The 7’s – Because The Right Law Firm Makes A Real Difference.